Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Plan



I've always enjoyed the raw mechanical sight of old sandrails and dune buggies. They are simple and to the point, everything carefully crafted and shaped to do its specific job, nothing more, nothing less. They are much like an old Harley motorcycle, pure engineering where form truly follows necessary mechanical function.
Being a person who enjoys engineering projects and also seeing a place where I could hone my design and fabriacting skills I agreed to do a low budget build of a street legal sandrail/dunebuggy with a friend. I wanted to document everything from the build for my own purposes and I figured someone else might benefit if they could see all of the hurdles of building a from-scratch vehicle, so everything from the build will be documented here. As a fair warning I will try to provide some general advice for other builders but this blog is primarily for my own purposes and may become very detailed and boring at times.

No comments: